I think one of the problems with this blog is (apart from the lack of visitors) is that I’ve had no idea what it really is. So I sat down and I thought (really, I was doing the dishes and it was a second’s thought). This should be a blog about my writing ‘journey’ (reality television has ruined that word).
I’ve no idea how it will work. I’ve no doubt that personal stuff will filter in. Hopefully, at first, it will be a blog following my journey from writing a story to getting it published, either traditionally or self-published.
This is the perfect time to start afresh because this morning I finished writing the first draft of a story and tomorrow I will rifle through my idea draw and come up with something new to write. There have been a few ideas set aside to brew while I finished this story (I like to work on one thing at a time).
At the same time I am editing other stuff with the intention of following through with getting them published. So, I guess we will see what happens. If anything. This might devolve again.
What to expect:
- Me talking about what writing I have done that week, how it has made me felt.
- Things that affect my writing (like looking for work, joint problems).
- How many publishers and agents I have sent out too (and what response I get).
- Articles, online and not, that have interested me, in relation to writing.
- Blabbling about books that I’ve read and loved.
- One short story a month (probably unedited).
- Other stuff I haven’t thought of yet as related to my writing.
Perhaps none of that. Perhaps I will forget to do it. Who knows?